Thursday, July 24, 2008

Some things i've been up to

Well all ,
As i said in my previous post,i have had allot going on in the last few months both physically and in general.So although i would have liked to get some more large projects done i just haven't been up to it much.That's not to say that i didn't get anything done. I have finished a couple of the larger projects like my nieces Christmas present from last year.YUP that's right i said LAST year.I feel so bad that it took me so long to get it done.I swear they are all getting gift certificates for Christmas this year LOL.

I also finished a couple of baby blankets and sent them out to the charities that i belong to.Though i haven't made any new blankets in awhile for them.I instead have been trying to learn to use the new knifty knitter looms to make baby hats .I also bought myself the long knifty knitter looms that you use to make blankets and such with hoping that maybe it would not only go faster,but easier for me to learn and master the steps.

As i am still a new crocheter and am still having allot of problems learning the craft all on my own. For instance the Raggedy Ann and Andy afghan kit i bought.I got so frustrated with the fact that i couldn't figure out how to do the color changes i put it down up until the other day and i am just now trying to tackle it again . I had to rip the whole thing out it looked terrible.

Though i only have a few rows done it does look better this time around.I started watching knit and crochet today or something like that . It 's the crochet show on t.v. with the lady that plays "Blair" on one of the day time soaps.


That did help quite a bit.It's more the learning to try to maneuver the yarn to do what it is i need it to do.LOL.
I also finished the loofahs and the wash cloth's i wanted to do.Though i must say that i am not too impressed with the loofah's .In fact i ended up throwing mine out.I don't know if it's just how hard our water is which wouldn't surprise me but the thing never seamed to lather up nice nor did it ever want to get dry .It just wound up getting all yucky.So i just finally threw it out.

I have to get my boyfriend to take some pics of the finished projects i do have done and when i get some more done to at least the point you can tell what they are I'll have him take pictures of them too. My camera though better at taking pics finally died on me a couple of months ago.Well off to bed it is for me now.This is the most excitement i have had in months so I'm pooped out LOL

Hugs and Crochet Kisses to all,
Dawn-




No comments:

Post a Comment