Sunday, December 30, 2007

Inspired by Crochetville CAL's

As some of you know already i am a member of Crochetville.org a website dedicated to crochet and other fiber crafts.It's a message board, a place to find patterns, help etc.Any ways They have these things called CAL's which basically means they may pick a certain pattern, or theme etc and people who may already be working on something in the "Cal" or may want to do what every it is the cal is for all "signs" up for it the whole objective is to not only get support,help,and show there weekly progress, but to stay motivated by the help of the other's in the cal.

Well anyways, while i was surfing through the various cal's two of them stuck out to me as good ideas.The first is the "Me " cal . You guest it ,in a nut shell the whole idea of this one is to simply set aside some time each week and make a project for YOUR SELF.It doesn't have to be a big deal,doesn't have to be an afghan or a complicated project.Just something for YOU.Now I must say at first i read the post and started to move on to the next CAL.
But then i thought about what other's have said to me lately about it being O.K. to make things for me too and pamper myself a little too.

So I while rolling that thought around in my head a little , i went on to check out another cal i had been hearing so much about.The famous washcloth Mondays.It's pretty self explanatory .They dedicate some time each Mondays to making wash cloth,dish cloths etc every Monday.

well the more i thought about the two cals i thought well i could dedicate some time each week to me and i could make things for my self such as pretty dainty wash cloths for a bubble bath (ooooh a bubble bath sounds sooo good right about now!) I could make other things for me for the bath too like loofahs hand towels.I
also started thinking about things i NEED too like a winter hat , mittens,etc.so i have been inspired to give it a try.I plan to set aside some time each week (may not be a whole day though LOL) to making something just for me.

I am currently working on a loofah and will then make a few matching wash cloths and see if i can find a pattern for a hand towel to match the set too.Now that i have finished the loofahs for my sisters and niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment